'This 12-month residency offers three playwrights the chance to build a lasting relationship with the company. The residency provides financial assistance, workshops, readings and professional development.
'Griffin Theatre Company’s Theatre Playwright’s residence program is supported by ongoing funding provided by Arts NSW.' (https://www.create.nsw.gov.au/uncategorized/griffin-theatre-residency/)
Inaugurated in 2004-2005, the Playwrights' Residency, 'which includes mentorships, workshops of plays-in-progress and discussions of craft and practice, allows the playwrights to:
* participate in monthly, one-to-one dramaturgy sessions
* enter a mentor-mentee relationship with a senior playwright
* have access to rehearsals of productions and to workshops of plays currently in development
* attend company repertoire meetings
* engage in two workshops each, by professional actors, of works-in-progress
* participate in "round table" discussions, each on a different topic, run by a professional guest.'
(Source: Griffin Theatre Company webiste, http://www.griffintheatre.com.au/Scripts/Emerging-Playwright.cfm)