- a reviewing journal published four times a year by CMIS, Department of Education and Training (WA)
- a selection and buying guide for secondary schools and other institutions serving teenagers
- distributed free of charge to the library and the Head of Department, English in public secondary schools in Western Australia.
available on subscription.
'The Fiction Focus
- Current fiction published specifically for teenagers
- Selected adult fiction
- Relevant titles for professional reading
- Picture books appropriate for secondary school students
- Fiction-related videos and audiobooks
- 'Fiction on the Net' highlights literature-related Internet sites useful for curriculum programming, professional development or student use
- Feature articles about incorporating literature into the curriculum or other topical issues relevant to English teachers and librarians promoting the reading of fiction in their schools.
caters for a wide range of reading abilities and levels of maturity and both positive and negative reviews of titles are included. Titles that deal with controversial issues, or are of doubtful literary merit but have popular appeal, are evaluated for the integrity of overall treatment and quality. Standard evaluation criteria consonant with the policies of the Department of Education and Training (WA) are followed.
'Reviews for Fiction Focus
are submitted by teachers and librarians both within and outside the Department of Education and Training (WA). The views expressed are those of the individual reviewers.'
Source: Fiction Focus